It’s Time for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conference Day at Crossroads College Preparatory School is Friday, October 21st. Please plan about an hour on that date to meet several of your child’s teachers to discuss the beginning of the year.
At Crossroads, we believe these conferences are essential to learning.
Importance of Parent-Teacher Conferences
Conferences are held twice each year, midway through each semester. They serve as an opportunity to bring students, parents and teachers together to discuss students’ progress-to-date, show and explain major class assignments, and share goals/action plan for continued success. These conferences supplement the communication that occurs daily between students and their teachers about coursework and grades, and notes that we publish to families.
Conferences are held from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm on Friday, October 21st: the meetings are ten minutes each. Each family is encouraged to sign up for four conferences – three academic classes and one other. The “other” might be an art or dance class, a counselor, sports or PE, computers or library, advisory, etc. Please limit yourself to three academic classes as we cannot logistically meet everyone for more than three, and please do sign up for one class other than academics as we highly value the activities beyond the English, math, science, history, and foreign language classrooms. Students will not have school that day and are strongly encouraged to attend conferences with their parents.
Register for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Families will make their conference appointments online through School Appointments. The site closes at midnight on Wednesday, Oct 19th. To register for appointments after that time, you may only sign up in person if there are spaces remaining by choosing a time on the teachers’ doors Friday, October 21st (the day of conferences). The site will send a confirmation by email, and you can go in at any point to review your appointments.
- Follow this link: http://xrds.
- Click the “register” tab, and fill in the form to create an account (all fields are required).
- Your user ID is “last name.first name” without the quotation marks and spaces. For instance mine would be townsend.kim.
- “Add a student” (here, you may insert another student).
- For your convenience, multiple teachers can be selected at one time with the “ctrl” key on PCs and the “command” key on Macs.
- Once the appointments are made, the screen will display your appointments for each child.
- When you “Return to Home Page,” your students and appointments will be listed. You may book additional appointments later or book for another student.
- Contact Paula Martin (paula@crossroadscollegeprep.
org) if you have questions.