RESCHEDULED TOURNAMENT: WYDOWN NOW FEBRUARY 28TH
This is a rescheduled event due to weather.
Wydown Middle School, 6500 Wydown Blvd., Clayton, MO 63105
- Meet at Wydown Middle School (no bus) 8 am
- Awards presentation: 5:30 pm
- Cost: $12, cash or check payable to Gateway Chess League
United States Chess Federation membership is required for this tournament. Players must either show proof of membership or purchase membership at the tournament. Please make check payable to “USCF” or “Gateway Chess League”.
- ages 16 and up: $24.00 (add extra $7 for Chess Life Magazine)
- ages 13 to 15: $20.00 (add $7 for Chess Life)
- under 13: $16.00 (add $7 for Chess Life)
Students should also bring a lunch or money to purchase food.
March 28-State Championships, Battle High School, Columbia, MO (HS section is USCF)
April 9-13th National K-12 Championships, Columbus, OH
Please note the registration deadlines. Forms and fees should be turned in to Howard by themfollowing dates:
- Nationals: March 4th ($50, payable to Crossroads College Prep)
- State: March 9th ($25, payable to Missouri Chess Association)
Please see separate emails for additional details.
Warm Up for State
Howard will be hosting an intra-team scrimmage at the school sometime during the second week of spring break to warm up for the state championships. Stay tuned for details.
High School Varsity League Playoffs
Upcoming matches (all at home):
- February 25 quarterfinals vs. Clayton
- March 4 semifinals (if necessary)
- March 11 finals (if necessary)
- Clayton 21, Crossroads 9
- Crossroads 20.5, Vianney (B) 9.5
- Crossroads 20, Belleville East 10
- Crossroads 30, Belleville East 0
- Crossroads 22, Alton 8
- Crossroads 30, SLUH 0
- Crossroads 22.5, Metro 7.5
- Crossroads 15, John Burroughs 15
- Crossroads finishes the regular season in first place, with a 6-1-1 record
Mid America Open
This excellent chess tournament will be played at the Plaza Hotel in Clayton March 13-15th. Please see http://www.chesstour.com/mao14.htm for registration details. This is a USCF tournament. We will not compete as a team, but individuals may wish to enter on their own.
Gateway Chess Awards
The annual awards buffet will be held Wednesday, May 6th, at Golden Corral, 6110 S. Lindbergh. Dinner at 6:30, awards at 7:30. All students who played on Wednesdays or Thursdays this year are invited.