Chess News February 11
Trivia night was a tremendous success! Thank you to all of our parents and players for working hard before, during, and after the event. More details about the event will be sent to you directly.
Gateway Junior league continues February 19th
This week’s match has been cancelled, but we will conclude league play on the 19th. 7th, 8th, and 9th graders may participate. All matches take place at Wydown Middle School in Clayton.There will be a one time cost of $10. We will depart from Crossroads at 4:00 pm.
High School Varsity League
Upper school matches take place on Wednesdays, immediately after school. An additional parent driver is requested for away matches.
- February 11 @Metro
- February 18 John Burroughs
- playoff dates Feb 25, March 4, March 11
- Clayton 21, Crossroads 9
- Crossroads 20.5, Vianney (B) 9.5
- Crossroads 20, Belleville East 10
- Crossroads 30, Belleville East 0
- Crossroads 22, Alton 8
- Crossroads 30, SLUH 0
Next Saturday Tournament is February 21st.
We will be playing at Wydown Middle School, 6500 Wydown Blvd., Clayton, MO 63105.
- Meet at Wydown Middle School (no bus) 8 am
- Awards presentation: 5:30 pm
Cost: $12, cash or check payable to Gateway Chess League
United States Chess Federation membership is required for this tournament. Players must either show proof of membership or purchase membership at the tournament. Please make check payable to “USCF” or “Gateway Chess League”.
- ages 16 and up: $24.00 (add extra $7 for Chess Life Magazine)
- ages 13 to 15: $20.00 (add $7 for Chess Life)
- under 13: $16.00 (add $7 for Chess Life)
- Students should also bring a lunch or money to purchase food.
Upcoming Saturday Tournaments
Attendance at State, plus three additional tournaments (or their equivalent in weekday matches), is required to attend Nationals in Columbus, Ohio next spring. We will be sending details about State and nationals by email later this week.
March 28-State Championships, Battle High School, Columbia, MO (HS section is USCF)
April 9-13th National K-12 Championships, Columbus, OH